November 29, 2004

Down, but not out

Alas, I haven’t fallen off the face of the blog-o-sphere…I was just sucked into a black-hole of maddening paranoia laced with inexplicable venom A.K.A. weathering an extended Thanksgiving visit from the moms.

What is it about mothers---why do they have the insane ability to find the button to press to make you go totally apeshit (in your mind) on a dime? How can a sentence like “That lamp really doesn’t throw that much light, does it?” make you totally question every decision you’ve made in your adult life, and at the same time, want to punch a baby? A baby wearing glasses, even?

Bah. I’m actually getting better at dealing with what my brother Brian calls “The Mother-Daughter Thing, man.” Even if I did find myself spewing “WHAT are you TALKING about???” at least two dozen times this holiday weekend.

I finally sat down and watched
“All the Real Girls” yesterday, and as a result have a temporary crush on Paul Schneider, who looks like Dane Cook and John C. Reilly had a baby and that’s just alright with me.

I do have to confer with the Hench, though, because I was in line at the Acme yesterday and happened upon the People magazine with Jude Law on the cover that relegedly also contained a picture of her man Gael Garcia Bernal, but in my frenzied thumbing I couldn’t find it before it was my turn to load up the conveyor belt. A disappointing end to a disappointing weekend, indeed. I thought you said it was around page 110? What’s the beef, sir? (m’am)


No comments: