June 11, 2010

Random post

A couple of months ago, I randomly came across a blog that is written by a woman who is trying to conceive. I had some free time at work, so I poured through her posts, starting with the oldest posts and working my way toward the present day. She has been writing the blog since 2007.

She seemingly has no problems getting pregnant, the babies just don't "stick," as she refers to it. I keep going back occasionally, hoping that she has announced that she is pregnant. Instead, she is still talking about fertility drugs and test results. Her sister is pregnant and she talks about coming to terms with that. Sometimes she sounds bitter (who could blame her?), but most of the time she is still hopeful. Sometimes she even talks about having twins.

She has many many links to other blogs written by women in her situation. Some have never conceived and some conceive and lose the babies. When I have down time, or sometimes on my lunch break, I randomly read some of these blogs.

I don't know what the point of this post is, I am just really touched by these blogs. They seem to be constantly on the back of my mind. I'm just in awe that these women keep trying and are so hopeful. I hope they all

Anyway, sorry for the random post...I've been up since 3 am!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Never apologize for random posts! When I am troubled or can't sleep I'll google blogs on a wide variety of topics, and find that when I read them - it's comforting to know other people are finding hope and comfort in the same things I do and are also dealing with some of the same issues. Although I'm usually reading things along the lines of the "wilderness" years of being single, nightmare dates, opk (other peoples kids), friends are people that actually like you, and finding solace in cats and tattoos. Kudos to these brave women (and men!) who never lose hope!!