November 29, 2004

..always 10

Geez, did our weekends run parallel or what? Don't get me wrong, I love my mom, but there really IS that mother daughter thing.
MOM: "Pick-up your shoes, Leslie. Pick up YOUR shoes, Leslie. PICK UP YOUR SHOES NOW LESLIE!!"
Me: I will Mom. I WILL MOM. GEEZUS, MOM I'll pick up my damn shoes!!! AAAAGGGH!

...then five minutes later

MOM: "Have you called your brother?"
Me: "No."
MOM:"Call your brother."
Me:"No, you wanna talk to him, you call."
MOM: "Fine, if you can't call your brother we're not going." Then, to further the flames-"I just can't do anything right for you can I!" And finally, she leaves the room and shuts the door. Which leaves me feeling guilty for a.yelling and b. being "disobedient."

My mom's friend says: No matter how old I get, I will be treated as if I'm 10 years old. My theory is that me and my mom are nearly the same person 33 years apart. Which is why we can't talk to each other with any sorta sympathy or compassion. She's a talker. I'm a talker. So we both just talk AT each other and don't listen.

Thank goodness I have my brother to remind me that I am ALMOST 30 and my feelings on mom will be overode by my impending mid-life crisis.

Happy Freakin Thanksgiving!

No comments: