September 1, 2005

Reasons to be happy



I had such a bad weekend, it's going to take me a few days to compose the kinda blog I want to write. So despite growing reasons to be depressed. I thought I'd post my most recent graphic illustration of two of my room-mates.

One of them manages to make me smile on the shittiest of days.

Love babees!

My first advisor in the art department died about 6 months or so ago (maybe longer) but I just got word today.
Even though I only met with him briefly, he was one of those people that could reassure you that life changing decisions you make that first year of college are potentially not as imposing or as threatening as anyone else would have you believe.

Thanks for the words of confidence Mike! You will be missed.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I actually regretted sending out that link to you. That was very insensitive of me. Especially during these sad times in your life. I just thought you'd like to know, he was dear to me too. Even though I don't know him as much as the other people. sheiko

Leslie said...

Don't be. Teachers are superheroes. He was the first person I met in the art department. Although that was one of only two meetings I with him, he helped me twice avoid a certain, umm...mean advisor. For me - it was the difference between a fine arts trek, and a graphics arts trek. I'm not sure about all that "road less travelled stuff" - in this case the beaten path has givin me a steady career choice versus painting nudes all day and eating ramen noodles.
Sigh, I'm not as angry as recent blogs would imply. Recent events have reminded me that I not only have a biological family, but an extended one spread out between Nofo, NJ, and MN as well as long as they are around - always a reason to smile.
Now, I just need to look out for meteorites.