March 10, 2005

About (My) Life

I am cynical because:
I don't think that Ryan Cabrera really loves Ashlee Simpson. When she tells him that she loves him (for the 137th time in five minutes) and he pauses for a three seconds before responding, I just know he is thinking about the free publicity he is getting.

I am hypocritical because:

I hold a grudge against this couple because they invited my parents-in-law and my brother-in-law and his girlfriend over to dinner at their house but didn't invite me and Bax (even though we invited them to our wedding and I can guarantee that dinner at their house didn't cost $14.00 per plate with a $6.00 chair fee) but at the same time I am a little disappointed when we are invited to an event (say Baxter's friends' wedding in New York) and my brother-in-law and future sister-in-law are invited, too. Does everything have to be even-stevens?

I am obsessive because:

Days before starting my new job, when I was feeling vulnerable, I watched a movie that suprised me by being so good. I then heard a song that was stunningly good. The two will be forever tied together in my mind and linked to my new job. If I had the movie, I would watch it everyday; I have the song on a cd and I do listen to it everyday, over and over. Not just because it is the first song on the cd and my commute is 6.5 minutes. It takes one round trip or so to get through the song, but then I put it right back on that song again. I will probably listen to this song over and over until one night it will keep me from sleeping, and then I will not be able to listen to it because I will hold a grudge against it for keeping me awake. Why am I so weird?

Work is weird because:

Two of my co-workers have a thing for each other. He is a youngish musician who likes the sound of his own voice (but not in a pompous sort of way) and she is an ethnic beauty who can't/won't marry outside her culture. What hope could they have? Still he flirts, and she obliges his silly jokes with a little laugh and I am trying to read "very important" documents and track down all the misplaced commas and missing apostrophes.

I am over winter because:

It has snowed significantly several times and the only thing it has gotten me out of is bed. I didn't miss any work due to snow, even when I was working at an event downtown on the weekend at my old job. Stupid jeeps, with their four wheel drive and rugged capabilities. I said jeeps not geeps!

I am unlucky this month because:

I never used sick leave at my last job. I never get sick. I got a new job where I can't take paid sick leave for three months, and my insurance doesn't kick in for 30 days. I was sick for three days (Sunday-Tuesday) this week. I couldn't even keep water down. I was hungry Saturday night and then not again until Wednesday morning. I missed 13 hours of work and two really beautiful spring-like days. Oh, well, I am sure it could be worse.

I am asking for trouble because:

I am tempted to email my ex-boyfriend to ask him how he is. Tell me what a bad idea that is!

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

Oooh. When I get a minute or three, I'ma totally bite off your format and post my thingies. But thanks for the reading materials!

Jeeps, not geeps! Pff.

As for the asking for trouble bit, um, I'm gonna say yeah, you're asking for trouble. I'd just wait till you run into him in Norfolk/Portsmouth sometime, cause you know you will...