October 24, 2005

The original pElvis breaker.

So my mom went to see an Elvis impersonator this weekend. Elvis (circa the fat Blue Hawaii concert).
He apparently sounded just like Elvis in every manner. It was Mom's opinion that he more or less resembled Kurt Russell. I have to admit it was fun everytime she called to answer the phone in faux Elvis.."Uh, hunh, huh", and "Thank you, thank you very mush..."

I used to spend days on end arguing with my step-dad that Elvis IS DEAD. Whereas, Frank would respond, "No he IS ALIVE, in an underground compound." There it is folks, now go find them along with next seasons spoilers for LOST.

L: "Yes, He, Tupac, Biggie, Lisa Lopes and Karen Carpenter are all holed up in an underground compound about 80 miles south of Roswell New Mexico.

I can't help but think if Elvis was alive, how would he react to Lisa Marie marrying MJ, and Priscilla in all those Naked Gun movies.

I went and seen The Bravery at the NorVA Saturday. Kurt Russell Elvis eat your heart out. The lead singer made me wanna take off my shirt or something like you'd see in a 80's glam band video. Aiyee! He told the audience that the NorVA was the nicest venue he'd ever played at, and I have to admit, it's one of the nicer ones to attend. I mean the Boathouse was a sweat pit, the Abyss; wasn't really a concert hall, just a hole of sorts.

CA had a point, i'm not really emo. I think I'm going.. British. Bloc Party, Hard - Fi, New Order, Joy Division - where is this leading too. I'm too happy to be emo.

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

Not British---Brit Pop. Or whatever what used to be Brit Pop is now. I'd much prefer you just be Leslie.

On the not-waving to people you know tip...I can't even front like I didn't used to do that all the time at ODU. I was either looking too haggard for someone to notice me or I just didn't feel like talking. No dis, though, cause I knew I'd run into them again (it was a small campus like that).