May 18, 2005

One for the Cheetos, Two for the Red Bull…

Last night my TiVo tried to save my sanity. You see, when I moved some months back, the local cable channel lineup shifted ever so slightly. Only a handful of channels were different, and none that I would ever TiVo anything on, so I never bothered to re-program.

Enter the Britney & Cletus Show.

I figured I’d have TiVo grab it, and see what all this shakily-shot kerfluffle was about. But alas! When I went to watch it, I got multi-colored squiggly lines. Turns out, UPN was one of the channels different in my new domicile. As it was only halfway through the show, I handily found the correct channel and thus began the process of my brain rapidly liquefying.

You see, my TiVo, being the amazing machine that it is, was not simply mixed up on the channel front, it KNEW that I could not possibly want to watch this show. My TiVo knows that I am a woman of sophisticated tastes, a woman who enjoys high art, and one who basks daily in only the most intellectually stimulating of programs. Thus my Days of Our Lives & Best Week Ever season passes.

Rather than longwindedly expounding upon everything that struck me about this show, here’s my two main observations:

1) Britney seems to be suffering from some off-shoot of whatever fucked-up mental condition Michael Jackson has. She seriously has the emotional IQ of a 13 year old girl.

2) Kevin Federline looks like he could use a good scrubbin’. In one scene he’s in the shower and he STILL looks dirty.

3 comments:

Hench said...

I, myself, have been watching Freaks & Geeks. I love that show! Bill is the best; also, that guy named Ken, one of the freaks? I never noticed him before, but he is funny! And I still think that Daniel is hot; definite dirt-ball appeal.

Leslie said...

On Best Week Ever, one of the comedians
(referencing Kevin's shower scene) yells in mock Britney voice-"See y'all my babee is CLEAN!"

Dirt Ball appeal ehh?
I kinda liked Clive Owen in Sin City..was that dirty
enough?

Hench said...

Everything about that movie was dirty. It was great!