January 10, 2005

Our Real Friendship??

Alas this weekend, I was reminded that there is a flesh and blood person to go along with my ELECTRONIC friendship. Thank you Carol Anne for a lovely Friday. Also, a special Thank You to ODU for suddenly becoming awesome in the 3 years since we left you. Those lovely new apartments would have been nice when I was there. I wish it could have been more of a weekend. Saturday & Sunday I spent lying about in my bed feeling like a crap ball. *My bad for kissing sick babies.

So I got to thinking, about ODU and CA and first memories of people. Not good memories (everybody has a thousand of those), but trying to find the first one.

My first memory of Carol Ann was through this horrid CD-stealing girl named Michelle. She had “borrowed” my Pulp Fiction CD and I had wandered to CA’s side of Rodgers hall to track her down. CA had also been a victim of this thief, and we both agreed upon her being a horrid troll. I could not understand anything of what CA was saying to me though; seeing as how she is from NJ-a fast speaking state and I am 1/2 North Carolinian and 1/2 Western (NOT West) Virginian—We are very slow speaking peoples. I did understand the words field trip and ended up riding with her and Dionne to Farm Fresh. 7 years later, I can understand the lingo. The rest goes into the halls of toilet paper throwing, horrid linguistics class, Mo-Mo, and 80’s Matt history. Can you hear the Miami Vice theme playing?

3 comments:

Carol Ann said...

You know what, I think that raggedy-ass bitch took MY Pulp Fiction CD as well! The only thing I took away from linguistics was you saying "Think 'Crazy Train', 'aye, aye, aye'", when hopelessly trying to study for the final. It worked, though.

Hench said...

Hey, I remember 80's Matt. He once said that a girl in the hallway outside of a class that Carol Ann and I were in was a "tall drink of water." Remember that? It was so 80's!

Carol Ann said...

I do believe that it was the "tall drink of water" comment that earned him the "Cheesy 80's" in front of his name. Also, didn't he refer to something as "bitchin"? I so think he fell out of a rip in time. That rip in time being, the 1985 tour de force Just One of the Guys.