January 28, 2005

Home is here anyway...

So I had a strange thought last night, how I’ve been electronically recording my thoughts for a LONG ass time now, and how it might be a good idea to save my old blog somewhere in case that website goes out of business and my useless musings from ’00-04 are lost forever. So, in saving them today, I perused and found a few passages that just made me giggle or smile for whatever reason, and actually made me kind of sad. I wish I could still write with the frequency that I used to and with the same sort of whatever falls out of my head is straight-up stop-the-presses interesting. Ahh, for the days of self-important youth! So yeah, here’s just a sampling of my musings submitted for your electronic approval (and amusement)…

Tuesday October 3rd, 2000

Today was so pleasant. Work actually didn't suck. I took the big scary public relations test and it wasn't so big or scary after all. There's this boy in there that sits next to me. He's semi-bomb, but anyway...he's always trying to be involved in my world--laughing at my jokes when I ain't even tell them to him, reading my shit, etc. So today I got done my test super-fast (I always do) but I didn't want to make a ruckus because I sit in the very back, so I decided to wait for Hench. He kept looking at me. So like the twelfth time he looked at me, I just looked back and gave him a half smile as if to say "Hey, what can you do?" and he laughed out loud. It was so odd. Just my luck though, he's probably retarded.

Sunday January 14th, 2001


We never got dressed on Sundays. Sometimes Butch was up before me, sometimes not. Even though I hated it, I'd watch football all day with him and he'd answer all my dumb questions about why the game was stopped and why can't they just do this or that? We'd have oodles of noodles and I would usually get really nervous that Butch refused to time it. Ever since the first time I made them by myself when I was in 3rd grade, I've made them the same exact way. Three minutes exactly and they're done. Butch has never timed them.


Tuesday January, 16th, 2001
He really is Krakow, Stephen. Here I am a crazy amalgam of Angela, Rayanne, and Sharon in the body of that Delia girl that liked Ricki before she knew he was gay.

Hench, Remember Matt Landman? And those shorts he was always wearing? Did I ever tell you he randomly kissed me once in Crazy Charlies? Pff.

3 comments:

Hench said...

I DO remember that guy. Wasn't he more than "semi-bomb?" I mean, granted, he wasn't part of the brigade or anything, but he was still hot!

I was just thinking about good old Professor Hanky the other day!

Leslie said...

I hope you have been saving all that stuff from those old blogs. These are the building blocks for your made for T.V. movie you know (especially the quotes and definitions from your discombobulated site). The “Sean-Connery” face and who can forget the “You don’t even count!” comment.

Carol Ann said...

Holy crap! I totally don't have the quotes from the old discombobulated site. Now I'm depressed. Remind me what the Sean Connery face was? I could never forget who didn't count though. I've got my old stuff from diary-x, and the stuff from diary-land before that (though it's not on the web anymore I don't think)...I'll put it in a safe place for when I get all famous and then hit the wall so you guys'll have plenty of reference material when interviewed for my True Hollywood Story.