March 13, 2007

OEF Challenge: M&M your Friends



Leslie & I were talking over IM, and discovered that we'd both made M&M's of ourselves. She wasn't crazy about the one she'd made for herself, so I offered to make her. Thus, an OEF challenge is born. The rules are you can't get fancy with Photoshop--you have to use the options available on the website, as shabby as they may be.

Above you have my personal M&M, as well as my Leslie & Hench.

My Me Choices: I don't have any special excuse for my choice in shell color, besides the fact that I'm sorta tan most of the year. And I looked weird purple. The hair selection over at becomeanmm.com was sort of vexing, so I settled on this once I accepted the fact that I was going to have to abandon any semblance of reality as I was making a self-portrait if I were an M&M candy. The glasses are easy because my glasses are purple and sorta look like those. Same thing with the shoes, except I added a dash of purple to color-coordinate with the glasses. The tiki drink is an omage to a favorite glass/cup of mine that I found in a shop in Cape May lots of years ago. It holds the perfect amount of beverage and could very well double as a weapon as it weighs like 3 pounds.


My Leslie Choices: I settled on Leslie's lovely greenish/silverish hue because that is the designer Ralph Lauren color that she recently settled on for an accent wall in her house. Her hair color is a throwback to the color it was when I met her, and the shortness/choppiness is a throwback to the haircut from hell she received by visiting Captain Zig-Zag next to Gray's Pharmacy. Athletic socks because she is at the gym like every minute, and headphones because she is a voracious consumer of music.


My Hench Choices: Hench is blue in honor of the first car she drove when I knew her, and her current one. Her eyes are all wonky because of her recent Lasik-related troubles, not because she's about to go postal (though she might). Her hair is another unfortunate victim of poor choices in the character creator, and I didn't want to use the same hair as I did for mine, so she's just wearing a pony tail. Yellow flip-flops to go to the beach, and Bobo hot from the dryer!


This was fun.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

G, my hair was blonde when I met you? Ha! Oh those Captain Zig Zag memories. Here I was thinking I looked like Kate Jackson with my feathered bangs, but I really resembled Jackie Warner off Workout.

You did a much better job of capturing "me" than I did of me originally. To think I was about to swear off M&M's.

Leslie said...

What's a bobo?

Carol Ann said...

I sort of got that Jackie Warner Vibe too, but in retrospect, it's not a HORRIBLE solution to the crime that Captain ZigZag committed. I wish we had thought of it. I can still remember standing around in my (awesomely single) room in NN8 with REDACTED! trying our damndest to make some sense of the whole ordeal with all sorts of headbands & barrettes.

Bobo is Mr. Burns' beloved childhood bear. He is especially comforted when Smithers brings him Bobo "hot from the dryer".

Leslie said...

It's too bad we didn't think of that. I could have had a pixie cut and tossed my head bands to the wind. Oh well - the haircut was so jarring I like to think we did the best we could at the time.

And a special thanks to old room-mates Farah and Summer who accompanied me to the following hairdresser and threatened to fK her sh*t up if she didn't fix my hair and make me look modern again.

Hench said...

Aww Bobo!! I made my m&m versions of us but the server is having issues so I can't do anything with them yet. I'ma try more when I get home from work.