November 7, 2005

Seen and heard




I haven't wrote anything substantial in the past few blogs. My entries have been something akin to a Dawson's Creek episode where they preview "a major change" and you think, "hey Dawson and Joey are really gonna DO IT." In fact all that happens is Dawson's cat dies or some shit. I digress. Boring Elvis. Boring Dictionary. Boring Diet.

Meanwhile, "Happy is the Ugly/Yuppie Word", at least according to Switchfoot who I went to see in concert. I'd been on this kick where I refused to write/talk about anything Happy or good happening to me out of fear I'd somehow jinx it. Then they played that song and for a few minutes, I didn't feel like I was the only on the planet that thought that way. See cept- it sounded like he said happy is the UGLY WORD. When in fact, the lyrics say happy is the Yuppie word. The Korn fan in me silently ran into a corner and threw up. But hey, I think I saw Brian "Head" Welch standing next to me for a minute didn't I? It was nice and not "outright" Christian music (not that there is anything wrong with Christian Music). It's just creepy to hold hands with strangers and swoon when I can't see anything that holy about a lanky blonde guy with some snazzy lights behind him. It's hard to feel really religious after an appletini and three coronas. Whatev. It was a good show. They had nice optimistic lyrics - heavy on the feel good uplift factor, low on the teen angst. Except maybe "On Fire" which is the kinda song you'd like to have your significant other around to dance with. The opening group Eisley wasn't too bad either, I like the vocals. The lyrics had a bit too many cuddly kittens, moonbeams, and pretty cars references for my tastes. I just remembering wanting to run home and braid my hair suddenly or at least hold the camera out and take a picture of the top of my head for myspace.

So I went to the zoo on Friday. No, not Wal-mart silly, the Norfolk Zoo. With real animals and crap. It was awesome! Although I spent too long on the tigers and the geese and me and LJ wound up hightailing it back to the front entrance. We looked similiar to the ostrichs looking about and then suddenly sprinting for no apparent reason. I was sorta in awe that the tigers dig a hole in the ground to pee, just like domestic house cats. Can you imagine a litter box for that?

Side note:
I got schooled on Friday. Kudos to all the parents out there. Babies are not like pets as some would have you to believe. Raising children IS A JOB with an immeasurable amount of self sacrifice. The stay at home mom is as noble as the best career woman out there.

Speaking of babies (and getting them here) CA just let me in on news flash. Jake Gyllenhaal does full frontal nudity in Jarhead. Ladies it's time to go to the movies. Has anyone seen Donnie Darko? Thoughts?

I want to see that movie Jarhead, but I can hardly watch news with Larry in Iraq. Much less watch young men get blowed up on the screen. Is that my bro? Could that be him?

He's in good spirits though. He's found a new adventure with new loves and things to be excited about. Sometimes having things to be excited about it all you need. Blah, time to do some stuff.

No comments: