June 13, 2005

In the news

I was watching WAVY TV today and they were interviewing this man about his feelings on a recent gun attack on one of his neighbors. It was first explained that only a week or two prior to today’s incident his neighbor on the opposing side of his house had been mowed down in gunfire. When asked how he felt about the situation by a reporter, he had this to say: “ I FEEL like I may need to move.” The enunciation was hilarious only because the reporter acted really astounded at his answer. It reminded me of the time Beyonce (at the MTV movie awards) said to Pink: “What’s your dogs name?” Pink responds: “Fucker.” Beyonce sadfaced: “Back to you Kurt.” I feel like you need to move too brother.

TV guide this week panned Lisa Kudrow’s new show “The Comeback.” I must say I did not laugh once but felt an odd urge to cry for her character a couple of times. I couldn’t see her as Valerie Cherish whatever only as Phoebe.

My notable argument of the week was Patrick Dempsey. I bought TV guide only because he graced the cover. Tiesha seemed almost angry that I found him attractive which made the argument funny. She was like “He is NOT cute.” And me ALA the Clumps : “YES. HE. IS!” Me and CA did the “I think” thing not to many blogs ago. I think is an opinion. I think Patrick Dempsey is attractive. But if you have scientific reason that would make me find him unattractive, then bring it!

Now here’s something to look forward to!

From the associated press:

Rep. Walter Jones, a North Carolina Republican who voted for the war, told ABC's "This Week" that he will join congressmen introducing legislation this week calling for a timetable for the withdrawal of American troops from Iraq.

"I just feel that the reason of going in for weapons of mass destruction, the ability of the Iraqis to make a nuclear weapon, that's all been proven that it was never there," Jones said Sunday. "I feel that we've done about as much as we can do."

1 comment:

Hench said...

Oh, I'll back you up on the Patrick Dempsey thing. I really think he is hot. He is up there with Scott Baio and Tony Danza. If you think I am joking, I am sure that G will verify that I am oh-so-serious.