June 15, 2005

Burning Blue Bell

I have been toiling with the notion of selling my blueberry laptop (iMac) for a few months now. After working on my superior G4 and G5 at work I’ve been impatient with my dated home model computer. I find myself not being able to wait on her to boot up and become even more infuriated as she will not open movie trailers, flash websites, or listen to MP3’s without an extreme waiting period. Bluebell’s refusal to get with the times has now become an impediment to my existence. I can’t update my ipod. I can’t read internet gossip, and I can’t view my home pictures without her crashing.

But there was another time when she was the centerpiece of my technological existence.
We were a team. Designing flash animations, the pyramids of Egypt, a Stephen King mock website-portable joy. The world at my finger tips. She was my first large financial purchase, that I bungled (but then recovered from).

CNN had this segment on the other night about selling your old computers to third party buyers. It made me really paranoid because I had been considering putting bluebell on the market. Thing is these third party buyers purchase your computer and apparently get a free peak in on your life. By whatever hacking means necessary, they can find out all the things they need to know about you. I mean I guess we do give ourselves away by purchasing and viewing things on the internet.

CA had mentioned possibly setting her on fire. Which led to this whole crazily wrong train of thought—if I did burn bluebell it would have to be on a pyre of some sorts. A leaf-barrel just feels wrong.

On Feeling Broke in a bad way…
I was supposed to go and see Modest Mouse with a new friend tonight but a bad case of poor budgeting has left me high and dry. The only thing I’ll be watching is TBS.

Felt mildly shamed as caffeine addiction forced me to beg 15 cents out of a coworker.
Younger non-spoilt Leslie would have sucked down a water and called it a day.

During my wild evening out in which I called CA in a fit of drunken desperation I vehemently protested 10-dollar cover charge for LADIES. That’s just wrong.

I had fun though - so I guess impending broke-ness this week was worth it.
It’s like CA says it’s never a loss when you are going OUT, because you were OUT being social versus dumbing it down with Boobney Spears and K-Fed.

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

I don't fault you at all for not wanting to get rid of Blue Bell. I still have the hard drive of the computer I got when I was 12 laying around in a closet somewhere (as well as the subsequent 2 computers). I can't bring myself to trash them, though maybe not for fear of identity-theft. More like identity-embarrassment. Not like I'd have any finances to steal anyway...

As for being broke, I'm right there with you dude. Until I got paid yesterday, and for the last week, I only had $3.40 in the bank. That really puts a crimp in the meth habit.