January 20, 2006

You've Got A Friend
Who obviously isn't a Stylist


This is not what I WANTED my first blog of 2006 to be about, as it's been so long since I've written something here, this seems sort of silly, but I can't help myself.

FACT: I work in a radio station.

FACT: I have the only working scanner (and, ahem, knowledge of how to use such a thing, in the building.)

FACT: I was handed a couple of pictures this morning to scan in of a few of our DJ's with a HUGE MUSIC LEGEND. (they didn't phrase it that way, but this fact would eventually become clear to me)

FACT: Upon inspection of the picture, I thought, "How nice, So-and-so got a picture taken WITH HER DAD".

FACT: That "Dad" was no Dad. It was JAMES FUCKING TAYLOR. WTF???

It took me a triple take, and consulting with a sales guy to confirm this (and another co-worker simply thought he was someone's high school science teacher). Seriously? He looks more like he just got back from a whopper of a trip picking out new table lamps for his den at Crate & Barrel, not just come from playing to a SOLD OUT crowd who paid upwards of $80 a pop to see him rock their middle-aged skulls.

I dunno. I'm just weirded out. Not that he was a sex-symbol or anything, but I certainly wouldn't have kicked this guy out of bed (after a conversation about the eyebrows, of course). I guess it's just weird to see a celebrity who isn't so terrified of actually looking their age a la Paul McCartney.




But I forgive Sweet Baby James, because he spawned this guy (Ben) with Carly Simon, and he doesn't suck to look at, even if he's wearing a goddamned Superman shirt.

2 comments:

Hench said...

Hey, we all get old...its happening. So do you think this lady is going to have to explain who the doode in the picture is when she shows it to people? That could be a let down. "Hey look who I met..."

Leslie said...

It IS happening and fast.

Sigh, my mom is ..ahem ..older. But she's pretty (to me) and smart. So I guess I have things to look forward to.