January 17, 2006

Oh Lennox, you came and you gave without taking.....

Dearest Lennox,

Although we did not pick you out at the fish store, we came to see you as the gift that you were...so what if we got you, slightly used, from friends moving to London? We grew to love you, like we love our own fish. Right away, you won our hearts with the goofy way you would float around at the top, trying so hard to fight the air trapped in your little see-through body, so you could make your way to the bottom. How many times did we see you upside down, and thinking you were dying, rush to the tank to exclaim, "Lennox, are you ok??" Well, not many, I guess, since we have only had you since the end of November.

Well, now you have passed on, you have left us. You fought hard, little fish, but to no avail. The life slowly drained from your little clear body. No longer will I watch you eat, literally watching the food go under your left eye down to your stomach. No longer will we see your wagging tail, begging for food. What happened?

We will miss you little guy.

R.I.P Lennox Reals 1/16/2006

2 comments:

Leslie said...

HENCH! Not another fish....Did you leave that with my mom?!

I'm glad you blogged I was about to write an homage to Peyton Manning. When G called and made mere gag noises at the thought.

Hench said...

Alas, we have lost another fish. Where did we go wrong!!?!

Peyton Manning, huh? Hmmm.... there is merit in that, I suppose? Who am I to judge!