December 6, 2005

X-mas crap


I'm listening to the most overwrought Christmas song ever. Xtina Aguilera's "Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas". The beginning is fine but by the third or fourth "happy golden day-ay-ay-ay-ay-eeeeeeeeee-ay-eeeeeeeay oooooooo ummm" My ears begin to bleed. Well there's still Jimmy Eat World's "Last Christmas", no discredit to George Michael but Jimmy Eat Word rocks that sh*t!

I'm thrilled with our traditional tree this year. After the purple-gold Christmas tree fiasco of 03, we think twice before doing the conceptual tree thing. I'll have to fine the pix, but if Don the Magic Juan had a tree it woulda been that one.

My jobs getting ready for it's X-Mas party. I've agreed to make potato salad (I buy the materials, the room-mates make it, and I take credit.) Last years tasted like mayo on potato, no joke. I vowed this year never again. I wish I could take a picture of our inflatable Rudolph, he's strategically blocking the men's room door.

I was so bummed about rain mix vs. snow. I worry that by my mid-thirties or so snow on the east coast will become a myth. I mean a few days last month it was in the 80's.

Christmas Wishes anyone?
Bob Newhart?

5 comments:

Carol Ann said...

MY '03 Christmas tree was ALSO a conceptual one---and---wait for it...it was PURPLE AND SILVER!!!! It shall go down as my least favorite christmas tree ever. Even the conceptual "outline of a christmas tree" we made on the wall with xmas lights in NN8 was better than that stack of holiday crap.

I handily skipped out on my company christmas party. We got out early to go "get pretty" for the event, but instead I went home and had a nice SLEEP. Complete with dreams.

As for snow, you could be enjoying some if you were here. You could also clean all the snow off my car in the morning for me, cause I hate doing that shit. I always end up getting the snow all over me, no matter how careful I am.

As for Christmas wishes, well, that's too big for a comment.

Leslie said...

This years "conceptual tree" dujour according to the news and trends is the upside down tree. There is something exorcist-like about dangling your tree upside down. I also read proposals to remove Santa and Jesus from Christmas. I'm worried soon presents will be removed as well.

And it will just be crazy flashy lights day.

"I'm dreaming, of a.....um......ah... Margaritteville rainfall...do, do. do."

Anonymous said...

-- christmas trees are jst no fun unless it is grizwald style--

Carol Ann said...

"griswald style" as in set fire by a pesky feline? interesting holiday preferences, anonymous. though that must get expensive having to re-buy ornaments every year.

Anonymous said...

not really, that way you keep it fresh and clean. that and it is just fun to look at, right...