July 5, 2005

That kind of day...

So I'm sitting here at my desk like a good little (big) working chump, trying to come up with compelling ways to describe a sponsorship for a show whose host I find ten kinds of grody, when an unexpected odor comes a-wafting into my office.

Rather than stopping my work and rationally trying to figure out this strange scent, I continued plugging along, inserting footbally-type cliches here, and crappy jingoistic imagery there...this thought would not subside..."Is that....PEE??"

For the record, no it was not pee. It was microwave popcorn which makes perfect sense seeing as I work in an office not twelve feet from the microwave. But this raises yet another troubling question all the same, should I be frightened that I actually believed (on however manaical a level) that someone laid out enough pee for the smell to literally waft into my office, or just grossed out that the eau de microwave popcorn was mistaken for a large overturned vat of urine?

Help, my electronic friends!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

My issue with office popcorn is that the people that cook it here tend to leave it until it burns and it smells like fire.