July 24, 2005

Subdued Part Deux

I did do a follow up to the whole situation. They did not catch my evil twin apparently. So she's still out and about, but hopefully not in my neighborhood. Apparently the police assessed me as a threat b/c I very well could have been the assailant and their safety comes first, not the suspects. Announcing they are police is a judgement call based on the situation at hand.

The advice I want to dole out is kinda silly, but simple. I don't advocate carrying a weapon of sorts as safety-in my situation the running option was taken away after seeing a gun. Not only that but fighting was moot b/c it was in fact 4 against one. I think it's as simple as letting your voice be heard. My neighbors came out b/c it was loud. Loud or not I had witnesses. My advice is carry something that makes a loud noice or at least scream.

I'm seeing the police in a new light this week. Not as protectors of my safety but people that aim first and question later. Even more so with the murder of the guy in Briton who was an innocent who merely did not speak the language. The reports I was watching were 50/50. His family is right though, I'm sorry does not cut it when you "accidently" kill a member of someone's family. My thoughts are with them and every other person whose been scared shitless or killed by a case of mistaken identity.

Time to catch the repeat of Six Feet Under on HBO West, I was a little jarred at the ending considering I missed the whole episode so I figure time to see the rest.

1 comment:

Carol Ann said...

I'm really glad you weren't tasered. Also very glad you weren't tasered by police who happened to be filming for COPS. Cause then they'd play the audio of you screaming (from being tasered) on Howard Stern and I'd almost be forced to laugh at you. Which is not cool. Also not cool is that Brazilian guy getting killed in England. One more reason not to leave the house!