November 17, 2008

My .15 Seconds of Internet Fame


I've been a fan of Cake Wrecks for a few months...and my Monday was instantly awesome when I discovered that a wreck I submitted---this lil wonder here from my local ACME supermarket, was actually featured today.
I agree with some commenters that it's not a total executional wreck, aside from the smudged eyes & bleeding smile---but it's the subject matter that's baffling. Who's looking for an ear of corn cake?
This guy doesn't look particularly harvesty...it might have made sense in say, July, when Jersey is bursting with this type of corn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would purchase this cake and eat it in two days. It looks delicious!

I'll have to check out this website you speak of...you know how I love cake!

p.s. as I type this, the first part of my "word verification" down there is "mer."
I wish I could cut and paste....

Leslie said...

IM Chat with Hench..

Stephanie: that cake looks tasty

Me: u like it b/c
1. it's cake
2. it's YELLOW

Stephanie: yes
and?

This website reminds me of your old moniker "Busted Cupcake", which is still ranks as most fantastic screen name of all time to me anyways. LOL

Leslie said...

I seen a "turkey" cake at Farm Fresh yesterday. Does it count as a wreck if it's kinda cute?

If it's done like one of those Disney cooks made it?