November 26, 2008

I am not a photographer.

I got to thinking yesterday about those holiday photo "cards" you get in the mail of people's kids; and for some reason decided it would be fun to make something like those but with my pets (since I have no kids). When I got home from work, I constructed a "studio" in my kitchen consisting of a red fuzzy blanket & some Christmas-y colored embellishments. It was pretty much a total failure. My sister, who promised to be my pet-wrangler, mostly just laid on the floor (inexplicably). Pancakes refused to go anywhere near the "set"...Lil had to be bribed with catnip, and Rufus refused to come out of his dressing room. So here's some results for early holiday enjoyment:
Pathetic.

The only way to get Lil anywhere near the set was to spray concentrated catnip all over it.

Pancakes wouldn't sit nice on the blanket, but he would lounge everywhere AROUND it.


She actually looks like she's smiling here, huh? That's my layabout sister under the smiley face.

I like this picture of Lil.

This would have been a really nice picture of Pancakes; but again, I am not a photographer.


The only halfway decent picture of the whole session.

5 comments:

Hench said...

Thanks for making my boring day less boring!

I love the pictures of Uma, especially the one where she is smiling.

The one of Lil wallering around is adorable.

Pancakes got big.

Leslie said...

YES! I have a "studio" at work in which I use to torture new employees.

Studio = high chair, Target desk halogen lamp (w someone holding it sideways), & smell fuzzy blanket

UMA is coolest. But where is Rufus? He could have been Santa Cat!!

These are fantastic. LOL

Leslie said...

Lil actually looks high from the catnip. Baby Cat makes that same face right before she either attacks or humps something. LOL

Anonymous said...

Oh dear; I've never seen a cat, um, hump. I believe that would be quite, uh, frightful.

I mean, I guess I knew that they do actually hump in, um, nature. But it seems like something they would want to do in, well, private.

Leslie said...

My Siamese cat Cobb Webb humped. It was highly embarrassing as he chose Guests ARMS. (Usually my poor unsuspecting piano teacher.)

Baby Cat doesn't hump, but she does however get glassy eyed after concentrated sniffs of cat nip.