March 13, 2008

Sketch Time Warp



While we wait for G to find my Pizza Guy that I drew for her "Graffitti Wall" all those Vodka-ridden days ago...I started trying to remember what he looked like.

I tried to think about how I would have drawn him back then. And these were what I came up with....If you are a possessor of any artistic college artifact of mine, you'd probably have a comic book character thingy with these traits..an absence of hands, an embarrassing cod piece and Gambits Hairdo from the X-men.

My current sketch issues now are: drawing things without pupils, still drawing hands (i really just need to spend a day locked in a room with hand models), and any sorta attempt at refinement in general.


I can't remember how we came up with the pizza guy. I just remember G's wall being filled with witty quotes and smiley faces and thinking it needed a sexy watchmen of sorts. I prolly should have drawn a dog-n-burger avenger now that I think about it.
:)

3 comments:

Hench said...

Hmmm....I agree that jeans vs. pizza- shaped cod piece is hotter. And nice job eliminating hands altogether. But, I dunno, I kind of like the first pizza guy's face. Looks kind of like Gael Garcia Bernal...

Leslie said...

*Funny sidebar upon reading this*

I remembered a few years ago I chatted with my cousin about somethings she owned from the past.
Me: Man, I remember how when you were a teenager you used to have everything in animal print..hahahaha.
I mean there was leopard, and tiger, and zebra..wow! The 80s's were crazy huh??
Her: Do you still draw your comic book characters? I remember you used to have Gambit up all over your wall. Hahhahahahahaha.
Me: Um. Yeah. Crazy times.

*Gambit is still my cellphone screensaver. Her house is completely decorated in animal print.*

Sigh....lol.

Hench said...

I don't know what Gambit is, but it has to be better than animal print. I stayed in a guest bedroom a couple of years ago in which everything was leopard print. Carpet, bed accouterments, curtains, wallpaper, and tissue box cover. And everything in the adjoining bathroom was leopard print too.

Sheesh, I could barely sleep and kept dreaming about safaris!