January 17, 2007

Scothy & the Gardlers

This is my brother's dog, Scotchy:



In this picture, you can also see the the leg and arm of Leslie, who was drawing a picture of her new best friend on my laptop with one hand (the one not occupied by a non-ironic Smirnoff Twisted Drinkamabob). And here is her masterpiece:




My brother really, really likes this picture. He said he's never met anyone who could "do that" before. Which I thought was weird, but regahdless, Leslie is quickly becoming the official artist of the Gardler clan.

On a totally unrelated note...While hanging out in the 'peake this weekend I was playing some Mario Party 7 with my nephew, and in creating a new game, I named it 'CAG', and he asked what that stood for. It totally blew his 7-year old mind that I had the same last name as him. I'm not sure if I should be worried. Are family ties not something covered in elementary school?

Another fab discovery on my trip to the 757 was a new children's show to enjoy, "Charlie and Lola", which my 2-year old niece is quite obsessed with. This is an import from our friends at the BBC, and it's adorable. I went to the website, and I moused-over some part and Lola said, "I'm too busy playing to do computers!". Am totally having my TiVo pick this up for my grumpy days.

Also a cure for grumpy days? This picture of my aforementioned niece, Emily, who couldn't resist hopping in my newly-made-up couch-bed and pretending to be immediately asleep (though she sadly didn't do the fake snoring noises).




It should also be noted that this is pretty much the only useable picture I took of Emily all weekend. She has an annoyingly adorable habit of fluttering her eyes when a camera flashes, so she looks like she's actually asleep in every damn one.

3 comments:

Leslie said...

I witnessed this Emily enigma with my own eyes.
She closes her eyes with every picture. Every single one. Even tricking the eyes doesn't seem possible. I think maybe in order to capture her, the shutter would have to be set on hummingbird speed.

Scothy is my new friend. Although, I can do a much better doggy pic than what i showed Brian. One handed and buzzed for me usually ends with drawings of Naked Pizza Guy and scratchy yellow dog.

I didn't get to try any succulent pizza though. Am bumming about that. :)

Leslie said...

Oh, I forgot to say how nice it can be to hang out with G. No silly wine glasses, no goofy cardigans - just SNL craziness, good eats, and comfy quietness.

Hench said...

Wow, Leslie. You are on your way to fulfilling one of your New Year's resolutions, to like dogs! I've never seen somebody follow through on a resolution. You are my hero.