January 3, 2007

RESOLVE



New Years Resolutions 2007

I, LavaPony - of computer-glazed eyes and soda-ridden body hereby state my resolutions for 2007.

I will no longer flake out.
By flake out, I mean by claiming to come to your engagement, stating I will and then not showing (usually in favor of Law & Order rerun or someone else intervening and wisking me off for Chilli’s trip.) If I can not show, I will simply say NO. No excuses (rather than a barrage of poorly thought out and terribly overblown ones), because nothing after the word “NO” really matters anyways.

I vow to LISTEN as well as converse on phone conversations.

I vow to grow my fingernails at least enough so that white is present on each nail.

I will stay up later, at least an extra hour. 10:30 is unacceptable.

I will not drift off into Ally McBeal dream sequence when listening to upper level management at job. (err well, how bout I will have more VIVID dream sequences while listening to upper level management at job..that’s better)

I will eat vegetables.

And lastly, I will learn to like dogs. Ian has taken really good care of my Gramma this year and I owe it to the species.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

daisy will appreciate your last resolution. I think she's still annoyed you wouldn't trade stuffed animals...haha

Leslie said...

Ha! Daisy isn't a dog. She's my friend. The next time I visit I will bring her a present. It was rude of me to exclude her that particular Christmas. Especially now, since you are officially an animal welfare activist. :)