November 29, 2006

Serenity Now







Inspired by Leslie's pictures, here are some I took of Lake Ballard in my parents' neighborhood. It is now part of a nature preserve called Hoffler's Creek. But it used to just be a lake in the woods where we would go and smoke and make out in high school.

Oh, and I used to throw things in the lake that belonged to my ex when he would piss me off.....um, guess I didn't really grasp the concept of "littering." But, hey, I apologized and we made nice. Me and the lake I mean...not me and the ex. Anywhoo, it doesn't seem to have hurt the lake any.

Ok, G, time to follow through on your threat of the 100 foot Ferris Wheel....I only hope your pictures come out better than mines did. Better lay on the ground.

5 comments:

Leslie said...

These are gorgeous pics. Is this in P-town?

Hench said...

Yes ma'am....its at the end of my parent's street. It is really nice back there now. There are trails in the woods, and all kinds of learnin' posts to tell you about animals and nature. And there used to be a graveyard, creeeeeeppppyyy.

I have more pictures, if you are interested.

Leslie said...

Graveyards!! Yes! More please!

Templeton said...

Hoffler Creek is only open on Saturdays though. So that's a bummer.

Hench said...

Yeah, it was much better when you could sneak in through the woods whenever you wanted.....those were the days.