November 1, 2006

New Kicks

I've been on a quest for the last few months for some new sneakies. But more often than not, the ones I'd encountered in stores were too busy. I just wanted some brown sneakers. No obnoxious logos, not meant for any other purpose than to walk and maybe stand around at concerts. So I dug back into my younger years, and remembered my favorite sneakers of all time, Simples. I had a pair of the OS Simples in Sand in high school, and my friend Kristy had them in Blue. And since we wore the same size, we'd frequently trade one shoe and be the bees knees for the rest of the day.

They're just trusty, comfy sneaks, and I'm so glad to have some again.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

It's funny, when I'm wearing old sneakers..I pay them no mind. It's like they are just melded onto rest of body -- not necessarily a fashion plate. But when I get new ones, I find myself tripping multiples times to marvel in the gloriousness of my new feet!

Speaking of gloriousness..I had a pair of British Knights in grade school that would make MC Hammer jealous. I'm looking for a good professional pair of running shoes now? Any suggestions?

Hench said...

I know I'm late in commenting...but I got a laugh today at work when I was reading this document about Brazilian tax policy and I discovered there is a tax regime in Brazil called "Super Simples." I had this immediate vision of G in her Simples, flying through the sky, swooping down to save kitties in trees, or running faster than a speeding bullet to push a little kid out of the way of oncoming traffic. Hmmm....maybe I need a break from the Smallville dvds.....