August 2, 2006

Status Report


Things have been eerily silent around here, no? We missed July!

Though, I guess a four-day OEF Summit in Mays Landing, NJ accounts for that. Four days of hot dogs, dog drool, and hanging out in the kiddie end of the pool.

It's so hot outside I want to cry. Except if I were to cry it would immediately turn into a vapor. It's so hot that Uma is actually behaving---unable to jump up because the humidity is keeping her down.

Besides monitoring my dog's douchiness, not much else is shakin. July was fairly dreadful workwise, but August seems to be shaping up a little more serene. Maybe I'll get to blog a little more frequently.

Though I was reading Brendan's blog an he was pondering what there is to write about. Well, me too. In my younger blogging days, when it was called "journaling" and was considered very weird to do so, I wrote with such abandon about whatever happened to me that day. I don't know if it's paranoia brought on by World News Tonight stories about blogs getting people fired, or if I just don't think that every single thought that occurs to me is stop-the-presses fascinating. Or maybe I am secretly afraid that all my thoughts have already been expressed somewhere & I'm just regurgitating someone else's mojo?

Though, that's what my initial understanding of a blog was to be. A repository for links to other things that are interesting on the internets, accompanied by your thoughts on it.

On that note, McSweeney's has been keeping me entertained lately, particularly Guidelines for our son Jeremiah's First Birthday Party
by Christopher Monks.

Because rather than unfunnily/uninterestingly write about how boorish it can be to interact with friends that have children, you can go read that and laugh real hard at the part about Head #2.

This is going nowhere!


4 comments:

Templeton said...

It's good to see someone writing on this blog again. The heat is terrible. Summer is the worst season. Now that we aren't in school all it is is the hot time when you can't really do anything on the weekends. UNlike winter (the cold time when you have to wear a bunch of cloths to do anything) there si no way to combat the heat.

Leslie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Leslie said...

I'm with you G. The heat numbs the mind and apparently causes paranoia. I wrote 3 potential blogs in word, but lost the heart to post out of fear I maybe saying something that would potentially result in job ruination. OR would be so boring and unmonumentous someone would write to the blog lords and have me condemned into a state of blogotory for all times. Apparently when my mind isn't talking smack or in a state of euphoria I don't have much to say.

Plus it was just totally nice to actually see you and Hench in person, I was a bit nostalgic MY REAL LIFE FRIENDS. I'm going to a wedding this weekend. And when I get back, there's gonna be some blogging.

I've already prepared a mean commentary on the "merm" otherwise known as Men with perms and Tan-o-rexia...it's real people

Hench said...

Hey, that's why I don't post much. I don't have nothing to say. And nothing from nothing leaves nothing. Right Lillian?