April 21, 2005

New Episode, May 1! Is it on your calendar?

Excerpt from an interview with Seth MacFarlane (and his "cartoon id, Peter Griffin"):

Do you still feel that there's bad blood between you and the producers of The Simpsons?

SM: I was at the Aspen comedy festival, and Matt Groening came up to me and said very sincerely that he wanted to dispel any misconceptions that The Simpsons had some kind of beef with us. I mean, we're not Tiffany and Debbie Gibson. Who are the kids listening to nowadays? We're not Billy Ocean and Rick Astley.

PG: Actually, at that same party, Homer Simpson came up to me, and we had a very similar conversation. Then we gave George Jetson a wedgie and stole his briefcase car.

( He Ain't My Brother, He's Heavy; Itzkoff, Dave. SPIN, May 2005, p.54).

2 comments:

Carol Ann said...

Check you out, with proper citations and everything. They can't sue us! I'm gonna have to start watching FG on a regular basis. I caught the preview of "American Dad" after the Superbowl and sort of enjoyed it. Though, if it's success means no room for "Arrested Development" then I hated it. I'm moving to Fuck Mountain!

Leslie said...

My brother loves "Family Guy." He bought the whole box set and watches them religiously. I'm torn myself. Leslie is loyal to the Simpsons. But my alter-ego Nicole Kensington likes "Family Guy." Then again she also favored Paula Abdul over Janet Jackson in the early nineties and we all know how that turned out.