October 15, 2009

All I do is rant

Whole Foods, why has nobody taught you the art of the hot bar/salad bar?

Your problems start with the type of container you offer. Heavyweight cardboard, with no section dividers? Considering your hot bar/salad bar is $7.99/lb, shouldn't you be providing the lightest container possible? You should deduct $1.50 from the price to account for the weight of the container. Also, no dividers? Do I want the juice from the General Tso's chicken mixing with my cheddar cheese mashed potatoes? No. So I'm forced to use several different containers, which means I pay more because I am charged for the weight of each container.

And what is with your salad bar? Where is the cheddar cheese? The bacon bits, or the diced ham? Where is the Italian dressing? What exactly is "Thai" dressing (peanut sauce or something??) and why is it available instead of Italian? And don't tell me that you offer Balsamic Vinaigrette instead. So not the same! And why are there so many vegan and vegetarian
options and hardly any for us predators? (Vegan beef? Isn't that an oxymoron?) Look, I have an open stomach, but I know what I like when it comes to salads...and garbanzo beans it ain't.

And where is the damn shredded cheddar cheese? Why is it ok to eat cheddar cheese mashed potatoes, or fancy shells and cheese, but putting cheese on a salad is a no-no? That doesn't make sense!

While I'll admit that the steamed green beans were delicious, and the southwestern beef salad was OMGheaveninmymouth, my hot food was cold and my cold food was warm by the time I got back to work. No, it is not your fault that I work too far away from your store location, but it is your fault that I couldn't sit in your seating area and eat my food.

Why? Because you don't have cold sodas at your location! What if I don't want to drink tea, or juice, or Smartwater! (Do I look like Jennifer Anniston?) What if I want to wash down my healthy salad with soda? I need caffeine damn you. Who are you to imply that I shouldn't drink
soda? Also, I had to go back to my office because I had some Italian dressing there.

And why was my total $16.19?? For some lettuce, tomatoes, and carrots. Three pieces of General Tso's chicken, some shells & cheese, green beans and mashed potatoes. No drink, no salad dressing. $16.19?? Really, now I know why people call it Whole Paycheck.

Oh wait, I forgot the cardboard boxes. And the fancy paper bag (which proclaims that if I reuse this bag next time, you'll give me $.05. Wow! Can I just get some cheddar cheese instead?).

Next time, I'm going to McDonald's.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

You shoulda went to Moe's and scored a fat Sam. $8.73 for a plastic container of pseudo-Mexican heaven.

I had the reverse problem at Coldstones today trying to ask for a Sorbet or something light on the milk. Yes, it's Coldstones..an ICE CREAM shop-but from time to time even the most l.i. persons resolve breaks. I wanted ice cream dammit.

So instead of getting anything light, I left with a pumpkin ice cream, sprinkled with cinnamon, topped with whip cream, cut with french vanilla, in a chocolate waffle cone. I just sorta looked at the girl and thought, that's the light option? Maybe just tell me next time there isn't one. LOL

Btw, rant all you want! It's our blog - !! LOL I think we should all rant more.

Hench said...

I only wish there was a Moe's close enough. Boo.

Yeah, Coldstone is not the best place to go for healthy, haha.