December 29, 2008

...now we return to our show...already in progress...

It's mildly disorienting returning directly to work after an "away" xmas visit. For one, I was totally gearing up to sleep right until noon when my cell phone alarm jarred me back to work reality. Two, Everyone was steadily pulling down holiday decorations and stacking Christmas cards and we're still in December? Maybe I'm lazy or old fashioned, but the work on my desk is still 2008. I'll take down my lights in 2009, when my 2008 workload has left. Three, I ate way too much. My mom booby trapped every room of her house with Reese's cups, potato chips, and varying cakes and cookies. The refrigerator was a smorgasbord of meat trays and cheese wheels and beer!?

Anyways I don't really feel like I vacay'd at all. It's more like a nap where I ate alot and dreamed I fed deer in my yard. If it was a dream, then why do I feel so full? :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm at work today too and it is completely dead around here. All of like 5 people working. I shoulda just taken this week off too, but i need to save the vaca for next month. hope you had a wonderful xmas full of non-healthy goodies! I know I did!

Leslie said...

Still dead on Tuesday. Although I have to admit I like the quiet. I'm getting lots done.

Nothing about the goodies was healthy, but at least nothing was allowed to mold. LOL