January 16, 2008

Blow






Warning: Incredibly immature & potentially offensive post ahead...

















Actually, it's not all that scandalous, it's quite SFW (am typing this at work---gasp!) (but definitely during my sanctioned 15-minute break) (hi, boss!) (maybe?). My sister, who works at night, had a fantastical story to tell me when she got home this morning.

You see, smoking is not permitted on the premises of her workplace, but there is a secret spot that people have found, attached to an adjacent facility. About 3 o'clock this morning, she headed out to said secret spot. There was a man (a fellow employee) about ten feet in front of her, headed to the same secret spot.

Out of nowhere, the man stopped dead in his tracks, bent over, put hands on knees, and blasted off like a rocketeer with no backpack.

At this point my sister was a mere five feet behind him. She could not contain her reaction---laughter and incredulity, in the form of a hearty guffaw.

The man shot up, and instead of (a. fleeing the scene immediately, (b. laughing it up with her, or (c. apologizing profusely... he tried to play it off like NOTHING happened and proceeded to chat my sister up for like ten minutes.

My only objection to the story is that she didn't get a picture of the incident. She recently got herself an iPhone (3 out of 5 Gardlers, now) and this would have been excellent use of the technology. To make up for it, though, for demonstrative purposes, my officemate (also on her sanctioned 15-minute break) offered to reenact...


As an aside---the illustration I used at the beginning of the entry is part of a larger work by Francisco Goya called "Los Caprichios". Which, I admittedly discovered when I searched Getty Images for "fart", but after reading the description, I'd kind of like to get a copy of. It looks kind of awesome.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Great picture, I think it's funny that both the heavenly entities towards the top and the evil ones towards the bottom are looking totally confused by the idea of farts. Art imitates life no?
lol

Anonymous said...

I believe this is the second such demonstration your coworker has displayed for us.

Could you convey to her my appreciation?

Thanks.