August 8, 2007

Say hello to my fuzzy friend


I think this officially makes me a catblogger, but I am trying to ease back into this whole deal.

A friend of mine works with a woman who does animal rescue, and they had a surplus of adorable kittehs, so I brought this guy home for an audition.

My sister is frontin' like he can't stay, as he is incredibly tiny, and fears that he may be crushed under the feets of the beastly 80 lb. dog. Who, by the by, believes this kitteh to be her baby.

So, for now, I've got him holed up in my bedroom, and I'm lackadaisically trying to find a home for him. Because my science books tell me that he will get bigger. I hope I can hold my heartless sister off til then. For now I will continue to give him a bazillion kisses on his fat little belly, wash him in the bathroom sink with the baby-wash I got from the Pediatrics unit at the hospital, and add to the long list of potential names. So far I like Carmine the best. Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

how about Rufus? He looks like a Rufus to me...lol

Carol Ann said...

I actually already HAVE a cat named Rufus. Though I suppose I could subscribe to the George Foreman School of Naming & just name every cat Rufus.

Leslie said...

Rufus Dos. Ha!
I'm still voting for "The Iron Sheik." as we discussed in a previous phone conversation.

Hench said...

God. I hope you get to keep him, he is adorable! And Uma finally gets to be the middle kid, no more being the baby and ridiculed by the older kids. Lil is tiny and she can take care of herself!

Anonymous said...

You have a cat named Rufus? I was just kidding...lol. That's so cute and funny....love it!That's like naming chihuaus "Spike" or "Killer"....haha, cute. It is a very cute kitten BYW.