February 8, 2005

She's like 25.... why would she do that?

Ok ladies, its (more) official now. 25 is old!! I was watching that new Sweet 16 whatever show on MTV and one of the guests at a party said about one of the hired dancers at the party "Ew... she is like 25...why would she do that?" The disdain made it pretty clear that by 25, there is no way that we should be in shape and shaking our booty on a clapboard stage covered by a thin gray carpet with a background of silver tinsel.

Even though i DO NOT DANCE, I would like to think that 25 is not too old to start, should I have the desire to rent myself out to rich 16 year olds for their $250,000 birthday party. But I guess I need to get with the times!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

Do you remember a teen movie where the VJ on MTV turns 25 and they literally cast her from the stage and replace her with a 20 year old on the spot? I’ve stopped watching MTV shows except Battle of the Sexes. At least on BOTS I can watch dinosaurs like me melt ice with their bodies right next to wily 20 year olds. I’m in the VH1 bracket now watching Kennedy and Mark McGrath comment on the 5 stages of Lindsey Lohan. (Don’t ask me what that means though).

I realized I was getting older while watching “Romy and Michele’s High School Re-Union” on Oxygen last night. It occurred to me that my ten-year high school re-union would be next year. I’m 26! I’ve moved up a age bracket. I mean the idea has been creeping up on me for a while: at the Y, when I get winded walking up the steps (and that’s before I even get on the damn machine), in the evening, when I go to bed at 9 versus 2, when I find myself watching things and thinking: if I had kids I wouldn’t let them watch that. I have silent memorials for t.v. shows that I’ve been watching forever going off the air. Felicity, Friends, X-Files, Buffy, and Sex and the City are gone. Next year we’re loosing Sopranos and Six Feet Under.

The harshest reminder of today was when our accounting guy told me I’d put off my 401k for far too long. I’m not getting any younger and the money I save at 25 will be the money that takes care of me at 65.