October 29, 2004

Someone has a case of the Fridays

I can't bring myself to do meaningful work today. I've been listening to http://www.woxy.com all day today. I really need to get back in the musical saddle. People always used to ask me what I was listening to, and I never really knew why. But compared to those good old days, my current musical savvy is really sort of embarrassing.

Speaking of when I used to be cool, I just remembered something funny...We went to a Promise Ring show in Richmond and after the show I ran into the lead singer on my way out. I totally sidestepped decorum and my natural anti-meeting-celebrity-types-inclinations and totally shoved him ala Elaine Benis and said "HEY!" Puzzled, he responded likewise and we both laughed. That was it. No "I love your music" or "Thanks for coming to my show". Perfect!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

When I USED to be cool, I shook hands with one of Andre 3000's hos. (Is that the plural of ho? hoen?). That was my brush with celebrity.
Wait..Last year I was at "The Strokes" concert at the Norva. I was like "Oh MY GOD, JAMES IHA IS STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO ME". My guest was like, "You're on crack, why would James Iha be at the Norva? in Norfolk?!" I was so sure it was him. I had a Smashing Pumpkins poster on my wall the entirety of high school and some of college. I listened to that group religiously for 7 years. I KNEW it was James Iha. No one would believe.
A few weeks later 9 Volt confirmed that it was indeed James IHA. Celebrities are among us. So say hi..lol...