April 13, 2017

Leslie Journal - The Lost Files: May 2016

Sometimes my blog entries fall into the drafts folder of gmail and never see the sun. Maybe they are meant to be there, who knows - but I like reflection. So I bring you - the lost tapes blogs. 

May 2016ish

On writing: I thought this would be therapeutic, but my eyes hurt …push through.

Purple Rain: It’s literally rained every day since Prince died. Coincidence?  I think not.  Even Mother Nature is sad. Although admittedly, on the day he passed I was on my way to Hogwarts School of Wizarding and Witchcraft and literally incapable of sadness.   Feel sad about something? Launch yourself at 60 miles an hour up a spinning roller coaster and try not to vomit.

Napalm Emails: I was literally a button click away from closing the book on a nearly 20 year old friendship.  I didn’t push send.  It seems we’ll survive.  I don’t know how much longer I can keep feeling like the dog that shit in the house in regards to this particular pal.   I’m a person with ideas and feelings, I don’t remember signing anything in the contract that says we have to be in lockstep agreement about everything or we’re just not friends.

Amateur Craft Beer Serving: "Here try my mediocre Belgium wheats.... No, it’s not an IPA. It is an IPA. I like it, hints of chocolate.  Here we have yellow beer, brown beer, and beer so brown it’s black."

Internet diet: I’m going on one. 

No comments: