May 27, 2014

For Ian...

but mostly, really and truly for Judy

10 things I hate about Dogs.

I hate the way you bark and bark.
I hate that you make a mess when you eat your food.

I hate early morning walks in the park....
and I really hate picking up your poop.

I hate carrying your short legs up the stairs.
I hate driving you around.
I really hate cleaning the sofa and lint rolling the hairs

I hate it when you make me laugh, and this strange new feeling I’ve found

Mostly I hate that I don’t hate you...
and that we don’t abandon (fur) family whether bark or purr or meow.


3 comments:

Leslie said...

For anyone that's still reading (or you, 45 year old Leslie) - Ian passed away this past Saturday under the care of my mom, who despite a grumpy outward exterior - loves all animals poopy, barky, purry, scaly and feathery. (And so does her daughter who still has a great deal to learn about making space in your life for things). For the record Ian was a baby, and much better friend than some of my human cousins.

http://ourelectronicfriendship.blogspot.com/2006/01/its-not-baby.html

Carol Ann said...

So sorry! I just went back and read that post from 2006...when I was still giving Uma side-eye. In 2014 I can't go 30 minutes without telling Uma how beautiful she is, hugging her, patting her butt (which she loves). Pets are better than people.

Carol Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.