October 1, 2008

I needed this.


I had to put my cat, who went by too many names to mention---I called her Ging, to sleep last night. She was 16 and pretty frickin' awesome. So, needless to say, I'm pretty bummed out, but my office-mate Heather sent me a link that has brightened my day.


Passive Aggressive Notes is a website showcasing "painfully polite and hilariously hostile writings from shared spaces the world over". I have always been a fan of signs; handwritten, computer-generated, industrial, from god, whatever.


I learned at the waterpark that if you have a sign, no matter how preposterous the concept, you are right. This may not be true, but it's one of those things that I came to believe at a young age, and therefore will never let go.


Also, I'm always intrigued when I come upon a random sign prohibiting a certain behavior, because it makes me wonder what had to happen for a sign to be made. I also feel a certain amount of pride when a sign is erected because of some foolish behavior of mine.


A big draw on Passive Aggressive Notes is office-related signs/memos/notes. I am totally guilty of crafting overly complex signs & notices for mundane things---and I don't care how annoying they are. I love making them! You'll never stop me!





6 comments:

Kellette said...

I am sorry for your loss. I dread when that day comes, our pets mean so much to us. I am glad you got passive aggressive notes to get you thru it!

Leslie said...

oh..G..
Baby Cat was my favorite furry Gardler. :( I'm so sorry.

Electronic hugs(((((()))))

Anonymous said...

Shortie sends poop kisses your way!

Leslie said...

At the rec center where I worked once, they sent out a STATE-WIDES company email/memo about bringing laptops to work. I couldn't help but wonder if it would have been so much harder to actually walk over to me (the only one bringing my laptop to work) and just tell me not to.

Carol Ann said...

the very definition of passive aggression!

Leslie said...

What's a poop kiss Hench? Eek..doesn't sound appealing....lol