December 21, 2006

Back away from the Puppy.


Just a little friendly Christmas PSA for the folks….


Do NOT get a puppy for Christmas.


Yes, it is totally adorable and it's adoreableness would grow exponentially as it ambled through the wrapping paper shrapnel on Christmas morning.


Yes, that cage is rather small; and would it kill them to throw the measliest of squeaky toys in there to pass the time?


Yes, your friends would be impressed by your choice of clever, ironic, or non-sensical name (The Fonz, Rumsfeld, Bagel).


I found myself reassuring myself of these same facts just yesterday at the old mall pet store, as my sister and were entranced by an English Bulldog pup.


How soon I'd forgotten, how just one year ago I made a similar decision that almost ruined me.


I dunno. I don’t' have any really intelligent things to say about how dog ownership is at least a 10-year commitment and you should do your research or blah blah blah.


I'm just saying it's a bad idea to get a puppy for Christmas. Get a Cinnabon instead. Cinnabon won't eat your deodorant.

1 comment:

Hench said...

But Cinnabons won't get so excited they pee when they see you, either...