June 26, 2006



I watched “Super Size Me” with Morgan Spurlock this weekend. I know, I know, I’m late and right now everyone has moved on to the Al-Gore documentary and some are still recovering from Fahrenheitt 9-11 (neither of which I have seen yet). I will see those, but most likely or obviously when they are in a constant re-run state on one of my 900 cable channels. The important thing here is that I did see it and I was paying attention and I must say I’m a bit ashamed of myself.

I will not get into weight, I think everyone struggles with it in their own way. I will say that increased stress, lack of time to exercise as much and the culture of gluttony in my work place have contributed to my faultering health sensibilities. It’s hard to turn down free food or social gatherings with co-workers when you are bombarded by them 20 times a week. It’s also hard when they are all enablers, and with a few cleverly chosen words someone has convinced me again to abandon my Michelinas Lean Gourmet and head to “Dog-N-Burger”.

I made a vow to exercise 10 years ago seeing as how the term “diet” in my mind sits somewhere near suicide, holocast, and disembowelment. While I have kept my excercise vow, I’ve had to slow it down to keep from ruining my joints for when I hit my 50’s or so. Light years away right...not so much. College now WAS 4 years ago. Where the heck did that time go?

Shock documentaries don’t really do much for me. But humor got my attention, when Morgan asks "What part of the chicken is a mcnugget anyway?" I want to know. I mean it looks like a foot, but I’ve never ate chicken feet. When I found out what the mcnugget actually is..I question my loyalty to them. Technically I could make a mcnugget, if I had a blender and a cookie mold.

It’s a another blog, maybe rotten tomatoes or something that would recap the movie, I’m not in the business of recapping. I’d just rather tell you about it in the flesh. I’ll just say that I watched it. I’m gonna try and give up Soda for a week and McD’s for a month. I’m gonna be cranky and headachy for while, but until the Mountain Dew inhibitor is created this is gonna have to work.

2 comments:

Carol Ann said...

I thought the movie was pretty good, and gross, and scary. But goddammit if they don't sprinkle those mcnuggets in crack!

Leslie said...

I have survived one day without Mt. Dew. Thus far I'm cranky, irritable, and desperately want to put head down. Dear lord, what have I done!!