April 28, 2006

The saddest thing ever



In continuation of the debate on myspace, the news had a jarring headline this morning featuring a soldier that had returned home from Iraq. He simply posted a bulletin (on the aforementioned website) on the sad state of affairs of the world and then concluded that he no longer wanted to play a role in it and that he was making his departure TODAY. His myspace and real world friends found him deceased in his residence.

I know things are bad. New Orleans is gone. Pretty soon I'll be looking at horse breeds because I can't afford gas. You're getting arrested for drinking in your hotel room (yes people that went down in Texas two weeks ago). Your parents are losing their jobs if they work for Ford (3000 unemployed in Norfolk last week). Hell, everyone is losing their jobs. Someone you love or know is, has, or will be in Iraq. Pedophiles are getting caught on National T.V. - anyone seen the Today Show's "Perverted Justice specials"?

I was thinking I was running out of happy things to type. But take heart, I found them. Katie Couric is going to be a co-anchor on the evening news. Rosie O'donnell and Joy Behar are going to be mud wrestlin on "The View". Hench keeps getting promoted to the next grade here in OEF land despite never showing up for OEF class (props to G for making me laugh extremely loud with that statement). Some of our best friends are getting married for the right reasons. Someone in your family might be having a baby. Someone you know might have somehow gotten a promotion. F**K I went to dog-n-burger yesterday!!
And if you go out this weekend - I might be dancing somewhere. Don't be scared I'm not having a seizure.

3 comments:

Carol Ann said...

thanks pony! I needed a good old fashioned happy list. and by god, this time it actually worked. i think it had something to do with the absence of things like "the smell of an april dusk" or "puppies". you brought the real in terms of happy stuff.

Leslie said...

While the shape of an unbent paper clip does do something to my senses. I decided not to share.
I don't like puppies either. They pee alot.

Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!