December 16, 2004

Mealin on my Stuff (tee hee)

1.Word(s) that you really really hate:

The C& P words referring to female anatomy, The “N” Word


2. One place you would like to visit before you are too old to travel:
Strongbadia

3. One thing you believed in college that no longer holds true:
That a college degree would garner me respect in the working world?

4. One sound that will always make you smile sadly yet fondly:
I’m with the Hench on this one. The skateboard sound is a nice one. Especially all the middle-schoolers that congregate in my cul-de-sac and make really scary attempts at the simplest of ollies. I just want to yell “push down, then up!” from my business-casual attire, but they’d just laugh at me.


5. Word(s) that you really love:
Discombobulated, Rufus, Mer (of course)


6. One book that you would recommend to anyone, anywhere:
The Things They Carried, by Tim O’brien

7. One movie that was actually better than the book:
I haven’t come across one yet, but they’re making “A Confederacy of Dunces” with Wil Ferrell as Ignatius so I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

8. One person who has shocked you by having a child out of wedlock:
Well, I can’t say I’m shocked about that one, if it is indeed out of wedlock, cause we all knew she was a flaky whore to begin with…but uh…actually I can’t even think of one. All of my friends are morally pristine and minty fresh.

9. One person you think lives in a bad neighborhood so they can feel superior:
Kristen Visalli.

10. Song quote that expresses your feelings on current events or life in general:
It's a dead heat between
"Happiness is such hard work, and it gets harder every day And it can kill you, but no one wants to be that tacky about it, yea If you spin fast enough than maybe the broken pieces of your heart will stay together But some things I've seen lately make me doubt it. " from "Gyroscope" by the now-defuct Dismemberment Plan

and

“You’ll be accepting my apology, for taking things too seriously. Sometimes I’m old enough to keep routine, sometimes I’m child enough to scream.”—from those arbiters of sap, the Get Up Kids

2 comments:

Hench said...

I have to admit that when I titled the previous post "Stuff" that song did jump in my head. Great reference! What was that band called again, and why did we see them in concert?

Carol Ann said...

if memory serves, the band was mu330. Terrible band name. We saw them at Ska Against Racism. pFF.