January 26, 2024

Everyone has a plan....



...Until they get punched in the face - Mike Tyson

....Until: their Mom gets kicked out of her partner's home of 25 years. Or your brother's new wife effectively cancels you.  Or your job decides on steep reductions in force, in which you are a part of immediately preceding the holidays. Or if you get sick without health insurance. Or your cat gets diabetes. Or your car seemingly sprouts a new and rare issue each week. Or anything in 2023. 

- Leslie Paxton

2 comments:

Carol Ann said...

I still can't bring myself to name out loud all the ways 2023 punched me in the face. Like I'm secretly afraid 2023 put some BS on layaway and has until February 1st to dish it all out.

Leslie said...

I'm hoping the last fizzling BS of 2023 is limited to Hampton Roads traffic, my forever bronchitis, and the final sputtering gasps of my 2023 crush.