December 27, 2012

On lunches (post feast related holidays)...

I  always feel rude turning down lunch invites.

What I actually said out of my mouth after looking directly at bagged lunch on my desk: I'd love to. (swarmy).

10 minutes later what I actually typed: Hey K, I forgot I had to run some errands on my lunch break today (lie). I will def be up for next Mexican outing though! (lie with emphasis!) Thanks for the invite! (truth..oh my what am I doing..) End with cold digital work signature.

The unedited version:
"Thanks so much for inviting me to the Mexican place for lunch..while I find your company delightful..I find the food grease-laden and covered in toxins (true delicious toxins)....also I have eaten enough to feed a small Nigerian populus over the course of the holidays and need to starve today to feel better about myself the rest of the week (very true) ...thanx for the invite,  smooches - Leslie"

The answer to these answers:

O.K.

2 comments:

Muuurgh said...

But what if I told you that you could go to Chili's...

Unknown said...

Chilli's overrides all predetermined lunch scenarios, so Chilli's = yes infinite. LOL