September 2, 2009

People Look at You Weird When You Have a Black Eye

I had an "accident" last Saturday night that left me with a black eye. I can't help but notice that people act a little weird when I go into their store, dry cleaners, or Starbucks. I feel like a second class citizen or something. It's like they don't want to look me in the eye, like they are afraid I will flip out on them.

The worst part is having an explanation, but never being asked for it. I can only assume the things people are conjuring up in their minds...bar fight? Domestic abuse?

Oh well. Maybe I should just stay in my house!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

When I fell about 5 years ago; foot in pothole running at full speed might I add, my entire right side was a giant bruise. One on hand, several people opened doors for me..On the other they couldn't seem to believe that I was actually just that clumsy. Just stay in the house. It's the safest thing for everyone. LOL

Leslie said...

Might I add- I like this back to back blogging. I'm re-excited to read my own team blog. Yay "leave"! LOL

Hench said...

Haha, yeah, this maternity leave is giving me plenty of time to blog. Well between feedings and changings and random crying. (The baby, not me.)

But actually, the squirrel and the black eye is about as exciting as my life gets. I probably won't have anything to blog about for a while.

Leslie said...

If it makes you feel better the animals on the couch on facebook photo, coupled with the sh*t comment - was the comedic highlight of my day. LOL

My life is eventful, however also unexciting. I'm cool with that though. LOL

Hench said...

You know, it hasn't been the best week for me and animals. I love them, but the black eye and bruised rib from the golden retriever, the squirrel experience, and stepping in cat shit, well...perhaps they aren't so fond of me.