February 13, 2008

Yes We Can!

Make our own ringtones on the iPhone, that is. I know, I know, pretty lightweight as far as "hacking" goes, but I'm still excited. I poured through the discussion forums on the Apple site, translated all the geek vernacular, and voila....I can now put my incredibly eclectic & obnoxious mp3 collection to good use. Just for fun, I tried it out with a snippet from Eddie Murphy's "Raw", the part where he is impersonating his father exclaiming about the phone that has been ringing for a half an hour ( "You gonna answer this telephone? Do you hear the phone ringing? Lil!? Brrrrrrng! Brrrrrng! Brrrrnng! That's the phone, motherfucker, that's not me!"), and it worked after only a few tries. So. Effing. Excited.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It actually plays that if somebody calls you? Wow. I'm sort of jealous! :)

Carol Ann said...

Yep---that's what it plays. Except if I got a custom ringtone for the person calling...yours is still Battle of Who Could Care Less...any new requests? I was thinking of Julianne or maybe The Last Polka.

And you should be jealous...it's kind of the most awesome way to be alerted that you have an incoming call.

Anonymous said...

I'm properly jealous. Especially now that I've heard my new ringtone!!!!